Ferntree Gully Cemetery Landscaping
Contek Constructions were engaged by Knox City Council to renovate the iconic Ferntree Gully Cemetery with a new concrete path and a custom-made steel archway. Contek's professionalism was on full display at this historical cemetery, with many keen-eyed stakeholders watching the project unfold. Our high degree of attention to detail was vital to this project, with affected work areas nearly encroaching on existing gravesites!
Contek is proud of the new entry, having contributed to the historical and natural aesthetic that the cemetery is known for.
• Demolition of existing structures and site earthworks
• Installation of cast in-situ piers
• Modification to existing footing structures
• Installation of pavements, including bluestone paving
• Fabrication and installation of custom archway
• Repair, modification and installation of associated drainage
• Installation of retaining structures, including bluestone cladding
• Landscape and reinstate work area
Client: Knox City Council
Contract value: $120,000
Completion: May 2018