Peninsula Grange Water Harvesting
Contek Constructions were engaged by Australian Unity to install a storm water harvesting solution, utilizing existing underground tanks. The site was a retirement community, where captured stormwater would be utilized for irrigation, garden taps and toilets throughout the site.
An existing system was present, however due to the site expansion additional capacity was required. Contek was asked to provide a system which increased capacity by working in conjunction with the system already in place. Information regarding the existing system was sparse, therefore Contek needed to carry out extensive investigation, ensuring the systems complemented each other.
• Supply and installation of three 150mm⌀ transfer pumps
• Supply and installation of 100mm bore pump
• Supply and installation of 6 micron screen filter, media filter and UV filter
• Connection to recycled reticulation main
• SMS fault notification
• Supply and installation of hydrostatic level sensors, float trees and site controllers
• Commissioning and testing
• Site reinstatement
• All works completed under confined space conditions
Client: Australian Unity
Contract value: $190 000