Tassels Cove - Cliff Stabilisation Stage 2
Contek was engaged by Mornington Shire Council to conduct cliff stabilisation works at Tassells Cove, Safety Beach.
The work area at Tassels Cove was in an area of high cultural significance, as well as a highly sensitive natural environment.
• Removal of vegetation and topsoil off the cliff down to a compound for sieving as part of the site CHMP
• Installation of sheet piles to contain the site and protect against spoil from entering the bay
• Excavation, battering, removal of 4000m2 of spoil off the beach via the use of long reach and conventional excavators
• Installation of 2000T of large rocks into a revetment.
• Path and fence construction
• Daily water quality testing
• Public access to the beach maintained outside of work hours
Client: Mornington Peninsula Shire
Contract value: ~$650 000