Monash University Research Way Pedestrian Crossings
Engaged at short notice, and with an extremely tight timeframe, Contek was engaged by Monash University to construct a signalized DDA compliant pedestrian crossing.
Contek was required to maintain traffic flow and pedestrian movements throughout the project, in addition to accommodating emergency vehicles and bike riders.
Additional works arose throughout the project, with Contek still delivering the project in time for the beginning of O-Week, which was of great importance to the client.
• Demolition of existing asphalt speed humps, pedestrian crossing and concrete kerbs
• Installation of electrical supply and traffic signals
• Installation of new crossing, including raised pavement, kerb realignments, drainage and abutting footpaths
• Installation of permeable paving
• Tree protection measures
• Installation of Tactiles
• Installation of rubber speed cushions
Client: Monash University
Contract value: $270 000