Peregrine Heights Reserve Pathway and Quarry Road Reconstruction
Contek Constructions were engaged by Knox City Council to prepare and install a 650m long pedestrian footpath leading to the base of a former quarry. The project also called for a raised boardwalk over the water at the bottom of the quarry, with a covered sitting area.
Contek was able to work with the client to ensure the design did not unnecessarily impact on existing trees. With the project taking place in a disused quarry, Contek was confronted with very steep gradients made difficult by very wet weather. Contek was able to carry out this challenging task, without compromise to safety or quality. Additionally, due to the nature of the area, all earthworks soon encountered rock. Again, Contek completed the project in a safe manner with a high quality finish.
In conjunction with the works in the Quarry, Contek was also engaged to provide a major overhaul and reconstruction of the adjacent Quarry Road. This section of the project saw an upgrade of the drainage, new street lighting, kerb and repaving the road.
Peregrine Heights Reserve
• Significant preparatory earthworks for footpath
• Lay and finish 650m of reinforced footpath, including construction joints and saw cuts
• Construct raised boardwalk and roofed sitting area
• Landscape and reinstate work area
Quarry Road Reconstruction
• Demolition of existing road, kerb and channel, footpath and street lighting
• Upgrade to drainage
• Concrete retaining wall to support new light posts
• Amenities carparking
• New kerb and channel
• Repave the road surface
• Reinstate the area
Client: Knox City Council
Contract value: $1.25m
Completion: December 2016