Herbert Street Living Stream
Contek was engaged by Moreland City Council to daylight a stormwater tributary to the Moonee Ponds Creek.
Contek excavated and shaped the wetlands, complete with jute matting, rock work and beaching and native planting.
A gross pollutant trap was installed under live conditions, on stormwater infrastructure that maintained a constant base flow.
Working on pipes with continual base flow, access limited by weather, a vigilant friends group and contamination ground, Contek was able to deliver the project within specified timelines and budget and without any complaints.
• Significant excavation for sediment basin and wetlands
• Contaminated earth management
• Installation of geosynthetic clay liner
• Supply and installation of CDS GPT under live conditions, including diversion chamber and outlet structure
• Rock beaching and terracing
• Installation of culverts
• Provision and installation of fencing
• Supply, installation and maintenance of over 8000 indigenous plants
Client: Moreland City Council
Contract value: ~$225 000